- An important bacterial disease of ruminants causing long-lasting diarrhoea with heavy economic losses.
- Loss of weight despite good appetite.
- Bottle jaw may also appear.
- Once clinical signs appear the animal will not recover and will continue to deteriorate.
PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- Johne’s disease is not curable.
- Positive animals should be culled from farm as it may infect other healthy animals.
- Purchase new animals only after testing them.
- Induct only negative animals to your farm.
- Carry out regular testing of your animals.
- Consult a veterinarian to test your animals for Johne’s disease.
Purchase only negative animals to avoid JD.