- It is also an important bacterial disease of cattle and buffalo.
- The disease develops over a number of years and results in weakness, coughing and weight loss.
- Also leads to anorexia, emaciation, difficulty in breathing, enlargement of lymph nodes and diarrhoea.
- The disease is transmissible to human also.
PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- Bovine Tuberculosis is also not curable.
- Positive animals should be culled from farm as it may infect other healthy animals.
- Purchase new animals only after testing them.
- Induct only negative animals to your farm.
- Carry out regular testing of your animals.
- Consult a veterinarian to test your animals for bTB.
Purchase only negative animals to avoid TB .